The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (OVPTL) promotes students’ academic and future success through campus and community partnerships. The Office oversees 3 divisions that provide services to the campus community to fulfill this mission – Division of Undergraduate Education, Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation, and Division of Summer Session.
Together, these divisions:
- Provide opportunities for undergraduates to take risks strategically and to achieve their potential as members for their communities
- Discover and communicate evidence-based practices that faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and staff use to improve student success and learning
Empowering Education, Enduring Impact
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning promotes students’ academic and future success through campus and community partnerships.
- Inclusive Excellence: Commit to evidence based practices in serving all students
- Respect: Act with integrity while appreciating and valuing differences
- Student-Focused: Dedicate ourselves to the betterment of students
- Enthusiasm: Approach our mission with energy and passion
- Teamwork: Cultivate quality collaborations with campus and community partners
OVPTL works in partnership with the Academic Senate, Deans, Chairs, and other stakeholders to help the Schools achieve their undergraduate mission. OVPTL is an important catalyst for the work of educational innovation but also operates in an environment of shared responsibility for the way in which results are achieved. It is important for the success of the OVPTL to reinforce a sense of engagement, shared accountability, and responsibility for the quality of undergraduate education across the institution.
OVPTL’s support of the various units within the Department of Undergraduate Education is intended to elevate institutional attention to undergraduate education and signal its importance as a priority for the university in order to best serve its large and growing undergraduate population.