Annual Undergraduate Research Sympsium
Friday & Saturday, May 20-21, 2022
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) hosts the UCI Undergraduate Research Symposium, an annual event held in May that offers hundreds of undergraduates the opportunity to present the results of their research or creative activities in a professional setting. This year’s theme, Discovering New Paths, represents the resilience of UCI undergraduates in their pursuit of research and discovery. The Symposium includes poster, oral, and performing/visual arts presentations from students and guest speakers; speed-networking sessions; and an awards ceremony.
This free event draws hundreds of attendees, including undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, staff, family, friends, and other members of the community. We hope you will join us in celebrating the great accomplishments of our talented student researchers!
Registration Opens Winter Quarter!
The 29th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held Friday & Saturday, May 20-21, 2022.
Presentations are grouped into topic clusters. Clusters may include students from different majors and disciplines. The 2022 topic list will be available in April 2022. To get an idea of breadth of topics presented you can view the clusters from 2021. Click on a cluster name to view the topic list. Some clusters include a link to presentation recordings. 2021 Recap.
Two days means two keynotes. Be inspired by the message from from a UCI faculty member and a leader in the community.
Lunch and Learn
Join in the conversation on topics important to professional success. Each 30-minute session will feature one speaker addressing topics such as Work/Life Balance, Women in STEM, Non-Academic Research, and more.
Interested in being a speaker? Click here.
The Symposium will include opportunities to connect. Offereing structured and casual networking everyone will have the opportunity to create connections with other attendees.
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program funds student research throughout the year with grants ranging from $500 to $3000. Sponsorship of the annual symposium will help ensure that this funding can continue to support undergraduate research. Contact Michelle Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-824-9831, to discuss the options below. A limited number of sponsorships are available in each category.
- One seat at Symposium Lunch & Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 20, 2022
- Access to all programs on both event days
- Logo on UROP Symposium webpage linked to your webpage of choice
- Two seats at Symposium Lunch & Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 20, 2022
- Event app sponsor profile
- Logo displayed during event
- Everything in Sponsor level
- Logo included on pre-event promotional materials
- Table sponsor at Symposium Lunch & Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 20, 2022
- Up to four seats for your company. Remaining seats matched with faculty and/or students in majors of interest
- Everything in Sponsor and Program Sponsor levels
- Logo included in “Thank You” slides on both program days
- Option to present a topic of choice during the Lunch and Learn session on Saturday, May 21, 2022 (topic must be submitted and approved by UROP at least 3 weeks in advance of the event)
- One dedicated email promotion featuring sponsored workshop
- Promotion of sponsored workshop on social media channels
- Mention of Presenting sponsor workshops during opening remarks on both days
- Everything in Sponsor, Program Sponsor, and Presenting Sponsor levels
- Option to present keynote address on Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Acknowledgement of sponsorship in opening remarks and keynote presentations on both days